Our students are trained to develop their full potential as to their spiritual, mental, physical, social and educational growth.
This concern is of utmost importance so as to instill good Christian principles and values into their lives, thus helping to prepare them to take their places not only in our Bahamian society, but the world at large.
Our students participates both in curricular, extra-curricular activities and sports competition with the other Bahamas Association of Independent Secondary Schools (BAISS) and government schools.
Profile of The Bahamas Catholic Board of Education Graduate
The Bahamas Catholic High Schools provide a college preparatory academic and vocational program that effectively integrates intellectual, spiritual, emotional, and physical student development. Consistent with its Catholic identity, we help students of all religions reach toward their full potential in a dynamic, Christ-centered learning community, by affirming throughout all programs, the Gospel message of individual worth and redemption. The ideal Bahamas Catholic School Graduate is an articulate, aware, and socially integrated individual with the academic and/or vocational skills to succeed in the world; the spiritual understanding to grow in faith; and the moral resolve to lead a just and unselfish life.
A. A CHRISTIAN LEADER WHO IS:
- Knowledgeable of The Church’s teaching about Jesus Christ as
well as the sacramental expressions of His mission. Able to articulate one’s own faith and belief.
- A decision maker whose conscience is guided and formed by. the teachings of The Catholic Church; can evaluate moral choices and issues based on a well-formed conscience
- Desirous of spiritual growth and has developed a deep sense of spirituality.
- A person of integrity
- Committed to service and social justice
- A caring family member and a community builder
- A discerning believer formed in the Catholic Faith Community.
- Aware of world religions and demonstrates appropriate respect
for their beliefs
B. AN ACADEMICALLY CAPABLE PERSON WHO IS:
- Competent in the fundamental skills of language
- Competent in the fundamental skills of mathematics and Science
- Adept in the use of technology
- Able to read and comprehend age appropriate material H
- Has mastered those subjects required for entry into high
school, college or technical and vocational institutions
C. A CENTERED, WELL-ROUNDED PERSON WHO IS:
- Self disciplined
- Self confident
- Open to growth
- An active and productive citizen
- Culturally appreciative – respects creative expressions of interests, talents, experiences and historical appreciation
D. A LOVING PERSON WHO IS:
- Appreciative of diversity
- A peace-filled mediator (aware of tools for peaceful conflict resolution)
- Respectful of the talents and abilities of others
E. A LIFE LONG LEARNER WHO IS:
- Articulate: Can demonstrate effective written and communication skills and exhibit confidence in public speaking
- Creative: Demonstrates a creative intelligence and imagination in a variety of disciplines
- A critical thinker: Demonstrates the ability to analyze, synthesize and evaluate information from a wide range of sources
- A problem-solver with the ability to work collaboratively in small and large groups
- Well organized: demonstrates a sense of personal organization including time management; prioritizing and the ability to implement a plan
- Able to develop the art of questioning to define, understand and solve problems
- Open-minded: Has developed an appreciation for varying world views.
- Reflective of one’s personal experiences in order to form judgments and make needed changes in one’s life
F. A HEALTHY PERSON WHO IS:
- Respectful to life
- A good sport
- Committed to reaching one’s full potential
- Practicing good health habits
- Positive in outlook and demonstrates growth and learning from the joy of success and the frustrations of failure
G. AN ENVIRONMENTALLY CONSCIOUS PERSON WHO IS:
- A steward of the environment
- Aware of the behaviour necessary for sustaining and protecting the physical surroundings, that is, coastlines, forestry and wet-lands
H. A FINANCIALLY ADEPT PERSON WHO IS:
- Competent in basic budgeting
- Aware of the importance of work and its relation to finances